The sting of rejection burns to the core. Job loss, unrequited love, college entrance denial, book rejection, bad reviews, negative feedback, betrayal or divorce can knock you on your butt. Smacked down, again and again, how does one center, have faith and move forward with confidence?
Any one of these could drive you into a fetal position, sucking your thumb. The hurt is real. Confidence is shaken. Everyone experiences loss and failure, which is painful, but it is the way we learn.
As Thomas Edison said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Looking back on my life, I realized that when one door closed, more opportunities appeared. Stuck with blinders on, I never made a change until pushed by unseen forces. With the autopilot kicked off, I was forced to be creative.
Below are 10 ways to get out of the thumb-sucking, victim mode and back into your power:
- Look for support groups.
- Improve your skills for the job market
- If single and looking for companionship, join groups, i.e church groups, meet-ups, etc.
- Take care of yourself. Confidence comes with looking good and feeling good.
- Keep swinging. Do not let a few strikes knock you out of the game. One is bound to connect.
- Practice gratitude. Think about all your blessings, not the disappointments.
- Be honest with yourself. Pick out your best features and say them out loud. “I am loving, kind, make delicious pasta sauce, have straight teeth, great hair.” Whatever you like about yourself, spill it often.
- Think about things that put a smile on your face, i.e. puppies, flowers, birds, children, hiking, swimming, travel, ice cream.
- Be patient and kind to yourself. This is the hardest to apply. Things come when the time is right. Do not beat yourself up while waiting.
Remember that you are special, a unique creation. Be the best person you can. YOU!!!!!
Posted on May 24, 2023, in Uncategorized and tagged betrayal, confidence, divorce, failure, loss, pain, rejection. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment