Category Archives: Uncategorized
Like a Duck
Relationships, work, finances, news and everyday mishaps can be stressful. Do you sometimes feel that your head is ready to explode? Try to mimic a duck and let things roll off your back. Not easy to do, but worth the effort.
- Prioritize the angst. Not everything requires a level 10 reaction. Spilled milk is an irritation, but not earth shattering. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Nothing is permanent. If times are tough, know that things will get better.
- News focuses on the negative. Accept that many things are out of your control. Do not dwell on it and let it drag you down. Take it in small doses.
- Learn to listen and calmly state your position in work or personal relationships. Improved communication prevents misunderstandings.
- Get plenty of rest
- Exercise. Finding time for regular exercise is easier than dealing with illness.
Life is challenging, but also fun. How you balance the two is up to you.