Turning around every facet of your life may seem overwhelming and impossible. Over the weekend, I had the pleasure to spend a day with a remarkable woman. Her life has been one of struggle and accomplishment. She shared a piece of wisdom, that can be used in any situation. “Once I learned that there are resources, used them and took action, everything in my life changed.” She worked hard and opportunities knocked on her door.
Resources can include professionals, support groups, printed materials, internet, networking, friends, neighbors and videos, to name a few. The universe provides help. Just ask and “shake through it.” Life is magical.
Many suffer due to the pandemic, fires and hurricanes. Fear, loss, grief, illness and hunger are rampant. Although contributions to food banks, animal shelters and other charities are desperately needed, we can serve, regardless of our financial situations. Each of us has the power to brighten another’s day. Ask the divine how you can serve.
Ten free ideas to spur your imagination are:
- Phone call, text, email. Provide encouragement. Show that you care.
- Offer to take the garbage can to the road and back for an elderly neighbor
- Offer to pick up something at the store
- Walk an elderly neighbor’s dog
- Rake leaves, shovel snow
- Clean closets and donate usable clothing
- Hold the door for someone
- Be courteous when driving.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the store.