Life is a series of snapshots that reside in the heart. Our minds may only recall the happiest or most painful events, but each frame is captured for future review. We choose the pictorial.
Six tips for happiness:
- Words and thoughts shape the experience. What we think, we become. Be positive. Trust in your power.
- Pain, hurt and loss happen. We control how we respond. Choose love, forgiveness and compassion for healing. Give yourself time.
- Enjoy the simple things every day. Notice the beauty and magic in the world.
- Take care your soul’s temporary home with diet, exercise, sleep and hydration. With a depleted body, small irritations become insurmountable challenges. Treat yourself.
- Trust intuition. Turn off the internal and external noise. Listen to inner guidance, instead of seeking outside validation.
The album is yours to create with love and light.
Many suffer due to the pandemic, fires and hurricanes. Fear, loss, grief, illness and hunger are rampant. Although contributions to food banks, animal shelters and other charities are desperately needed, we can serve, regardless of our financial situations. Each of us has the power to brighten another’s day. Ask the divine how you can serve.
Ten free ideas to spur your imagination are:
- Phone call, text, email. Provide encouragement. Show that you care.
- Offer to take the garbage can to the road and back for an elderly neighbor
- Offer to pick up something at the store
- Walk an elderly neighbor’s dog
- Rake leaves, shovel snow
- Clean closets and donate usable clothing
- Hold the door for someone
- Be courteous when driving.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the store.
Do you feel bombarded from every direction? You are not alone. Technology tethered us to phones, television, social media, internet, podcasts, radios, books and newspapers. Depression runs rampant as negative news assaults our self-worth and hope for the future. Like moths to a flame, we are drawn to that which is destroying us.
In simpler times, Madison Avenue influenced our buying, but we could depend on the major television and radio networks for truth. Today, there are many rogue news outlets that pedal propaganda. Lies and half-truths seep into our beliefs. Like sponges, we adopt fantasy as reality, because we hear it or see it in print.
We must become aware of manipulation, shield from overstimulation and listen for our own truth with loving, kind and open hearts. Rise from division to unity. Humanity is counting on us.
Look at us, floating in space, no strings attached.
What keeps us from falling into the abyss?
The mystical power of what we cannot see and do not understand.
Shut down the media and go within!
Think for yourself.
We are all equipped with a soul to guide us.
Shut off the noise from those who want to influence and control you.
Each of us has a guidance system for truth and love.
The animal and plant kingdoms know what to do.
Kick greed to the curb. There is abundance for all.
No one is above another.
Show compassion for fellow man, animals and the environment.
Planet resources are for all.
We are one!
Why does man divisive be
When all are God’s creations?
Image, likeness shared by all
Wrapped, unique, a gift to give.
Colors of a rainbow mixed
Each displaying human form
Like a field of flowers wild
Purpose, beauty, journey owned.
Ego drives the wedge between
Fear replaces love and trust
Drop the walls, extend a hand
Hate destroys, devours man
Choose the path to harmony
Live in peace with fellowman
Source descended, I am you.