Home should be a place of peace and harmony, a plug to recharge depleted batteries. World’s strife should stay on the doorstep with the door barred. We should be aware and compassionate but learn to let go of situations beyond our control.
Too often we take home the day’s problems, turn on the news and escalate our stress and anxiety. Without realizing it, we take out our frustrations on those we love the most. Our anger flares and we say things that we would never say to a stranger or colleague. An insignificant issue can be the match that starts a raging inferno.
Suggestions for maintaining a happy home:
- Watch news in the morning when rested
- Discuss inappropriate behaviors. Do not resort to name calling.
- Ignore trivial annoying habits and accept them as part of the person
- Say “I love you” often. I read something fifty years ago that the word money is used more in a home than the word love. We can turn that around in our homes.
- Sleep eight hours per night.
- Eat nutritious meals with the family. Lines of communication open around the dinner table.
Peace and harmony are lofty goals in a bustling household with crazy schedules, but worth the effort. We have the power to change. World peace begins at home.
How much of your life is wasted, while you play the what if game?
- What if I fail?
- What if I never find my soulmate?
- What if I don’t get the job?
- What if all my dreams don’t come true?
- What if I am abandoned?
- What if others laugh at me?
Time is a precious commodity. Think of it as currency. Is your priority to throw it away on negative thoughts? You cannot control what life throws at you, but you determine your response. Many disappointments and closed doors direct you to a better path. Trust that you are loved and supported. Turn off the news and take a walk. Focus on beauty and the arts, whatever feeds your soul. Go with the energetic flow and resist the temptation to swim against the current. Drop the drama. Be grateful in the moment. Inner peace is the reward.
Love or fear, the choice is yours.
“Be still!” No entertainment.
“Sit there and think about it!”
Worldwide virus halts the train
Forced to face our inner fears
Look around at status quo
New days dawn, the birds still sing
Time to chill, step off the wheel
Wait the storm
Why does man divisive be
When all are God’s creations?
Image, likeness shared by all
Wrapped, unique, a gift to give.
Colors of a rainbow mixed
Each displaying human form
Like a field of flowers wild
Purpose, beauty, journey owned.
Ego drives the wedge between
Fear replaces love and trust
Drop the walls, extend a hand
Hate destroys, devours man
Choose the path to harmony
Live in peace with fellowman
Source descended, I am you.