Category Archives: creative writing
- Intention: When you get up in the morning, say with enthusiasm, “This is a great day!”
- Clean the clutter: Your home should be a sanctuary from the outside world’s chaos. Deal with mail as it comes in and discard or donate what you do not need. Your piled excess may be another’s treasure. Repurpose what you can.
- Date yourself: Pursue what makes your heart sing. If necessary, get up an hour earlier when the house is quiet.
- Exercise: Keep the body moving for good health. Choose a variety of activities that you enjoy. Make it playtime.
- Face your fears: We make our own jails. Most worries never happen. Precious time and energy that could have been spent pursuing your passions are lost forever. Fear and Love cannot coexist. Choose loving thoughts.
- Gratitude: At least once a week, write ten items for which you are thankful. Alternative: Go over them in your mind while exercising.
- Self-love: Stop the negative narrative in your head. You are perfect.
- No comparison: Stop comparing yourself to others. You are on your own journey. Follow your heart without worrying what other people think.
- Empathy: Put yourself in the other guy’s shoes. Be kind, compassionate and serve humanity in your own gifted way.
- Focus: Look for good and beauty. As per Dr. Wayne Dyer, “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
Look at us, floating in space, no strings attached.
What keeps us from falling into the abyss?
The mystical power of what we cannot see and do not understand.
Shut down the media and go within!
Think for yourself.
We are all equipped with a soul to guide us.
Shut off the noise from those who want to influence and control you.
Each of us has a guidance system for truth and love.
The animal and plant kingdoms know what to do.
Kick greed to the curb. There is abundance for all.
No one is above another.
Show compassion for fellow man, animals and the environment.
Planet resources are for all.
We are one!
Captain sets the anchor firm
In safe, calm anchorage
Two A.M. in howling winds
The anchor frees its hold
Set adrift with no control
The vessel doomed to crash
Waves are whipped to beer-like froth
React or blow away
Harbor snug was perfect choice
Or so the captain thought
Storms disrupt the best laid plans
To teach, so we may learn
Lives on Earth are fleeting times
For soul progression growth
Thrust outside the comfort zone
Be lost or reach for home
Guidance there, for us to ask
Free will, but help nearby
Practice stillness listening
The angels wait to aid
Life is full of miracles
Go forth, fear not, be brave
God’s got this, the plan is set
Believe! Feel Joy! Rejoice!
Dial down expectation
Refuge found divinity
Honor life, thank the planet
One eternal energy
“Be still!” No entertainment.
“Sit there and think about it!”
Worldwide virus halts the train
Forced to face our inner fears
Look around at status quo
New days dawn, the birds still sing
Time to chill, step off the wheel
Wait the storm