Category Archives: inspirational, new age, spiritual,
9/11- the world grieves, which reminds us of personal losses. I am reposting this video that I put together a couple of months ago, hoping that it will help at least one person deal with the pain of loss.
“Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” Kate Winslet
I saw this quote today and wanted to share it with you. Many of us follow a rigid schedule, without any room for flexibility. My mother used to say that we get up, go to work, eat, sleep and do it all again, until one day we wake up old and wonder where our lives went. Structure provides direction, but too much of it stifles creativity. We function like robots, neglecting to see. Staring at our phones, we miss the beauty that surrounds. Ear buds block our ability to hear the birds. Attached, we do not relate to real people, including our families. “Friends” are on social media. Most we will never meet.
Below are 5 suggestions to start living, not existing.
- Try different routes to work or a different grocery store. Force yourself to think about what you are doing.
- Take an unplugged walk before work. Let your senses fill with sight, scents and sound. Feel the sun and breeze on your face.
- Plan dinners with family or friends sans electronics. Put phones on “Do Not Disturb.” Listen to what others are saying. Express how you feel.
- Take day trips. Get out into nature. Go somewhere you have never been. Listen to various types of music. Expand your mind. Visit museums. Step out of your comfort zone. Try new foods. Do something you have never done.
- Make a list of dreams, things you would like to do but put off because you do not have the time or money. Pick one and make it a goal. If you dream of having a yacht, think about other ways to get onto the water, sooner than later. Perhaps a canoe would fill the bill.
A wise woman told me not to wait to afford the big trips, but to build memories with mini adventures. Life is a collection of snapshots. Create moments to remember. Be present and enjoy!
- Start the day being grateful. If you do not feel it, fake it until you make it.
- Exercise. Make it a priority. If you cannot carve out a thirty-minute block, sneak in ten minutes, three times a day. Take the stairs. Pick a more distant parking space. Dance to music, while you make lunches. Do leg lifts while seated at your computer. Stand, twist, move, walk.
- Eat nourishing foods. Do not skip meals. Food fuels the body and provides the energy to cope with daily challenges. Hydrate.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep per night. There are exceptions, but make them occasional, not the norm. Exhaustion makes pebbles into mountains.
- Play. Let out the inner child.
- Laugh. Look for the humor in situations. Watch comedies. Laughter relieves stress.
- Help others. It takes the focus off your own problems and gives you warm fuzzies.
- Shut off the Ego voice in your head that makes you feel inadequate. You are your worst critic. Give yourself a hug. You deserve it.
- Get out into nature. Feel connected. Listen to the birds.
- Do what makes your heart sing. It may be chopping vegetables, planting flowers, listening to music, dancing, painting, writing, to name a few. Whatever you love, plug it into your life.
Inspirational and motivational quotes from some of the greats to brighten your day.
Are you stuck in a life that is not yours? Do you feel like an observer, instead of a participant? Is your soul screaming because you are not in alignment? If you answered “yes” these questions, it is time to make some changes, albeit small to start.
I immersed myself into my parents’, husband’s and son’s needs, while suppressing my spirit’s cries for help. Financial pressures in the 3D world demand that we work to survive. Our status expectations and chosen lifestyles apply additional stress.
With financial and family obligations, pursuing your heart’s desire is a challenge, but it can be managed. When our children were in elementary school and we were running a business, my husband and I obtained college degrees.
Realizing your dreams involves planning, prioritizing, persistence and patience. Playing the victim and crying in your beer will not get you there. Stop making excuses. Take charge. Manifest your own destiny. Soar! If not now, WHEN?